Saturday 14 January 2012

Saturday 14th January 2012

It's Saturday afternoon and I've got butterflies in my stomach. I'm about to go to Heathrow to catch a plane to Mali. Where I will be working for International Service, a government initiative for 3 months. In my group we will be working with a local Malian organisation that works with disabled people. I'm unsure how exactly we will be helping out but I can't wait to find out!!


I don't feel very prepared but at least i have Amadou and Miriam on my ipod :D 


I'm most looking forward to experiencing a different culture and waking up to sunshine everyday! woohoo!


I'm going to miss all my family and friends so much!


Rachel xxxx





My lovely farewell cake my mum baked :D

My mum, brother's girlfriend Rach (good name), brother Alito and Me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment